The Canadian Alliance of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Regulators (CAASPR) has put in place several pandemic safety measures to ensure exam candidate safety at examination sites for the November 21, 2020 CETP Exam.
The following infection control measures will be in place for invigilators and Exam candidates at all examination sites. Examination candidates are encouraged to regularly visit http://www.casspr.ca for updated exam information.
- Everyone must participate in and successfully complete the COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to entering the examination room.
- Everyone will be required to perform hand hygiene, with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before entering the examination room.
- Everyone must bring with them a face mask that is to be worn during the examination. Cloth or surgical face coverings will be accepted as along as they are clean and dry, and cover the nose, mouth and chin of the user. Cloth masks must be constructed of two fabric layers. Candidates who are unable to wear a face covering due to health reasons must request a special examination accommodation to this effect and provide a written statement from a physician confirming the need for this accommodation. Candidates who require this accommodation will be offered a separate examination room and must request such special accommodation by September 25, 2020!
- The standard two-meter physical distance rule will be in effect during entry to the examination and for the duration of the Exam.
- All personal belonging and electronics (phone, tablets, computers, smart watches) must be left at the front of the examination room. Candidates are required to present valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s licence or passport) and must be confirmed as having met all examination requirements prior to access to the examination room.
- Exam candidates must bring two HB pencils for use during the Exam.
- Food will not be permitted at an Exam candidate’s writing station. A bottle of water will be permitted, open water containers will not be allowed. Candidate’s who may require medications or food due to a health condition must submit a special accommodation request which is supported by a statement from their physician prior to September 25, 2020.
- Exam candidates may choose to bring additional hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, gloves, face shields, etc., at their own discretion.
- Exam candidates who intend to travel across provincial or international borders for the Exam should remain updated with respect to provincial and federal travel rules, restrictions and requirements. Candidates may obtain Canadian provincial travel information at https://travel.gc.ca/covid-19-provinces-territories.
- Exam candidates, who encounter pandemic travel restrictions, may submit a request to change exam location until October 31, 2020. Please note that such request may require documented evidence of imposed travel restriction changes. Changes may be possible but are not guaranteed, after October 31, 2020.
- Exam candidates who refuse to or do not abide by the examination infection prevention and safety requirements will not be permitted to write the examination and may forfeit all administrative and examination fees.