Licensure in Canada

The professions of audiology and speech-language pathology are regulated in most provinces of Canada. In order to work in those jurisdictions, you must apply for a licence to practice from the provincial regulatory body.  You can find a link to each of the provincial regulatory bodies in the Documents and Links section of the website.  Audiology and speech-language pathology are currently not regulated in Prince Edward Island or the Canadian Territories of Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon.

The Canadian Alliance of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Regulators (CAASPR) is a national coalition of regulators for the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.  CAASPR previously worked with regulatory agencies to develop a national competency-based entry-to-practice assessment process to harmonize registration requirements across regulated jurisdictions.