Working in Canada

The professions of audiology and speech-language pathology are regulated in most provinces of Canada. In order to work in those jurisdictions, you must apply for a licence to practice from the provincial regulatory body.  You can find a link to each of the provincial regulatory bodies at the top of this page.  Audiology and speech-language pathology are currently not regulated in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or the Canadian Territories of Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon.

The Canadian Alliance of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Regulators (CAASPR) is the national coalition of regulators for the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology across Canada.  CAASPR is working to develop a national competency-based entry-to-practice assessment process to harmonize registration requirements across regulated jurisdictions. Read more about CAASPR’s Centralization and Capacity-Building Project here. 

Effective April 1, 2020 there will be changes to the application process for some provinces.  At that time all applicants to Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia will be required to write the Canadian Entry-To-Practice Exam for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CETP).  Regulations to require the Exam in Ontario and Alberta are awaiting government approval.  Quebec will not require the CETP.

Read more about the CETP here. 

Click here for FAQs

Cliquez ice pour les QFP