CAASPR National Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Competency Profiles
CAASPR Language Proficiency Standard
The Canadian Entry-To-Practice Exam Blueprints
The Blueprints for the two CETP Exams are based on the National Competency Profiles for Audiology and for Speech-Language Pathology. The Blueprints provide information about the format and cognitive level of exam questions as well as information about the structure, content and length of the CETP Exam.
The Centralization and Capacity – Building Project Updates
The Canadian Alliance of Audiology and Speech – Language Pathology Regulators (CAASPR) is working to develop a national competency – based entry – to – practice assessment process to harmonize the registration requirements across regulated jurisdictions in Canada. This will be accomplished through a series of initiatives within the Centralization and Capacity – Building Project for Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists.
The Centralization and Capacity – Building Project includes:
- Review of professional competency profiles and performance indicators for both professions
- Developing a competency-based national entry-to-practice examination
- Creating an Online Portal for applicants
- Developing a pre-arrival resource for internationally educated applicants
- Establishing language proficiency tests and benchmarks nationally
- Developing a mentorship model
Updates on the Centralization and Capacity – Building Project